I printed my first small book project on the Chandler and Price. This project was my first attempt at producing an editioned book.
My C&P press had an old car belt hooked up to the old motor, and the previous owner had put a ton of black electrical tape on one end of the motor to keep the belt from migrating off as it ran. In addition to replacing the motor and getting rid of that tape, we added a leather drive belt this week.
This month I completed the Polymer Plate classes taught by book artist, Lars Kim, at the San Francisco Center for the Book.
Last week, the majority of the press equipment and type was moved from storage into the studio.
Progress is being made! Here are photos of mock-ups of the press equipment. The Vandercook is on one side and the C&P is on the other.
A couple months ago, my husband and I drove two and a half hours away to Healdsburg. Then we went off on a dirt road, off the grid, and into the hills to meet Ted Salkin and view his printing press collection.